Sunday, July 27, 2008

Spa Day


Melynda and I decided we needed a spa day....so we took off this afternoon to the local mall and went to a spa to get a pedicure and maniure. However, we were talked into getting our eyebrows waxed too. We spent over 2 hours there and had a great time getting to know our nail techs. The best part though, and the reason why I am writing about this event, is a lady by the name of Jill. (who has a twin brother named Jack) She was a beautiful woman in her 50's and started to compliment me on my skin. We started talking and she noticed my American Idol wrist band. She got really excited for me and asked me to sing....with a bit of hesitation of singing in a nail salon, I sang a brief part of my audition song. She went wild about it and was very encouraging. She gave me her number and asked me to text her with the results from this week. It was quite the enjoyable experience...not to mention relaxing.

I wish you all could experience things like that because it was so much fun. Something I will remember forever!

2 comments:

Tina said...

so Jenni what I want to know is, is there any like, tension or hostility or evil stares or anything between people that are auditioning? I guess what i mean is, are people just there having a good time, or do you feel like you're competing for a spot against these people?

melyndamae said...

so far there hasn't been any hositility that I have seen. I think if people are hostile, the producers will see it and kick them out. It is supposed to be a positive and fun environment. So far, its been fun. But I am sure I will run into a few of them anyway...would it be idol without?