Sunday, July 27, 2008

American Idol Sunday July 27th, 2008



Confusion...









Mel here fresh from a nap and a Diet Coke. It's Sunday afternoon & it was a long morning. I'll start off with a recap from last night then move to today's activities. We made it to Chick-fil-a for dinner... unfortunately Jenni had a run in with a piece of gum in the mall parking lot
Foaming at the mouth.... or Cotton Candy? its hard to tell




I didn't hear any ranting or raving about Chick-fil-a from Jenni so it must not have WOW'd her like I wanted it to. In the car on the way to the game Jenni had a hard time drinking water (due to uncontrollable laughter) & half of it ended up on the side of the car & the other half all over her face.... luckily it was hot. It was even hotter at the game - like really hot. Luckily within 10 minutes our seats were in the shade. The Bee's won but it was a tied game through most of it. Poor Jenni - baseball games are not her thing. She had some cotton candy and I think that made up for it. :) Jenni & Danielle convinced us to pass on the fireworks which turned out okay because we ended up being able to see them from the freeway & they didn't last that long anyway. We got home just before 11pm and quickly put ourselves to bed.... we had an early morning ahead of us. Waking up at 4:30am was not in my top 100 favorite things on the trip so far but a necesary evil. After my diet coke I was at least able to put on a smiley face for Jenni. I'll let her tell you all about the waiting in line, meeting some cool people, & the registering aspect of it but my favorite moment was right at the end..... LOVE YOU JOHN!!






Jenni ~



Thank goodness God invented naps! I barely slept 4 hours last night and I was exhausted this morning when we got back. However, here is how today went...After forcing ourselves to wake up and get ready at 4:30 in the early morning, we were off to the idol registration process. The excitment didn't really set in until we started to get close. Thats when it all started. When we got to the line, there were about 400-500 people already there. It took a while just to take it all in. Hundreds of people, who knows what kind of talent they have, all lined up for one purpose....They all want to be the next American Idol! However, I don't think there were more than 700-800 people there total this morning. To pass the time, we pulled out the madlibs again, but soon the Fox video cameras were out soon after we got there and we went over to make sure our faces were caught on film. Who knows if it will make any footage. During our video debut, we met some people who happened to be playing the game Phase 10 next to us. Actually, I had seen them playing it before and really wanted to join them. Luckily, they invited us to play a game with them. However, that didn't last long as the line started to move! We were on our way in to register! For some odd reason, I felt the need to break in my new high heels this morning. Let's just say I am looking forward to my pedicure in a little bit. While waiting in the "moving" line we took many picures, even some with our new friends: Tanya, Michelle, and Josh.





Left to right: Me, Tanya, Michelle, and Josh



It was most interesting to hear many other contestants talking about why they were there, what songs they would sing, and much more. I didn't see any of those crazy people that you normally see on TV...maybe they are all saving their costumes until the acutal audition day. There will be many pictures coming, don't worry.



I am still taking it all in. Its exciting and nervewracking at the same time. I heard from Josh that the paper here said that callbacks to see the judges wouldn't be until September! None of the staff could tell me anything either, or should I say, wouldn't tell me.




However, Mels and I were registered and received our tickets and information by 8:00am...that's most likely before most of you were even up this morning! I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens next. We have to be at the Energy Solutions Stadium on Tuesday at 5:00 and even though I know that some people will most likely camp out or get there at 3:00 am. We have reserved seats so it doesn't matter so much.


This was quite an experience... I have never waited that long in line for something...well except on my first date with Axton when we waited in line for the Harry Potter movie. No matter how much we tried to prepare, we learned many lessons this morning. Here they are:



1. Bring lots of water and snacks. (although we did bring some this time)
2. Bring something to do in line. i.e. card games, book, etc.
3. Bring something to sit on that is comfortable.
4. Wear flip flops and bring the high heels for later.
5. Most importantly, bring your energy and big smiles! :)










1 comment:

kat said...

you're right Jenni, that shirt looks even better on! (how do you write in a "whistle" noise?)